House Sitters in Philadelphia
When it comes to living in Philadelphia, you know you have to work hard and play hard – and that same rule applies to when you go on vacations. Whether you’re looking at a long weekend away or a two-week vacation in a far-flung corner of the Earth, you want to leave all your cares behind and enjoy everything that your vacation has to offer.
Despite the fact that you’re really looking forward to your vacation, you’re not exactly ready to leave your loving pet behind. Your furry friend is like family to you – and when you can’t take your family on vacation, you want to ensure they’re left in the best hands possible. What’s more, you’re not exactly comfortable leaving your pet with a dog boarding service. The experience can be incredibly stressful, especially for more timid or anxious pets who might not respond well to the travel, or being in a new location for days on end.
So what’s the best compromise that allows you to truly enjoy your vacation away, without worrying about the safety of your pet?
Simply: hire a house and dog sitter in the Philadelphia area.
Why you need a house and dog sitter
If you’ve never used a house and dog sitter before, you might not realize that this is one of the biggest secrets your Philly neighbors might be keeping from you. A house and dog sitter represents the best of both worlds: you’re leaving your furry friend in the hands of a caring and experienced professional, while also ensuring that you don’t have to pay the crazy fees associated with dog kennel and boarding services.
This means you can enjoy your vacation without feeling worried or guilty about leaving your pet behind – and that’s the secret to getting away in style!
Need a few additional reasons why you need a house and dog sitter in the Philadelphia area? Take a look at these:
- If you want to give your pets the least stressful experience possible while they’re away from you, it’s important to keep them in safe and familiar surroundings. When your pets are left at home, they won’t feel anxious, stressed, or even traumatized by the experience of being in a strange location with other dogs. This means you won’t come back to a dog or pet that developed a behavioral problem overnight. This is especially important if your pet is a puppy, as just a few days without a routine can lead to the development of behavioral issues that can be difficult to fix.
- Many people want to experience everything that Philadelphia has to offer. When you’re going away on vacation or a business trip, you’re essentially offering your house sitter an opportunity to experience Philadelphia without having to pay for hotel fees. What’s more, you’ll be providing all utilities and potentially even food (depending on what you work out with your house and pet sitter). This is easily one of the cheapest options you can look into, which means you’ll have more money to spend on vacation.
- Pet sitting ensures that your furry family member is taken care of – and it also means that everything else in your home is looked after. This means your plants won’t die, your mail will be taken care of, and your home will be safe and sound (homes that appear deserted are much more likely to be broken into). Just having a pet and house sitter around means that he or she will be leaving the lights on, thus deterring any thieves or unsavory characters who may want to help themselves to your Philadelphia home.
- Let’s face it: it’s hard to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime when you’re feeling guilty about leaving your pets behind. If you leave your dog at a kennel, you can’t exactly call every day asking for an update about your dog. But if you hire a pet sitter, that’s exactly what you can do – and that means you’ll have the peace of mind you need to enjoy yourself. Having a pet sitter also means you’ll have one point person for all emergencies. For example, if your dog suddenly needs to go to the vet, your pet sitter can quickly contact you and provide you with all the information you need.
- A pet sitter is an incredibly cheap (and sometimes free!) alternative to using a dog boarding or kennel service. However, you don’t have to sacrifice the quality of service just because you’re not paying for it; in fact, it provides you with more accountability. You’ll come home to a happy pet, a perfect home, and a clean atmosphere – and that’s exactly the kind of environment you want to come back to after a long vacation.
Looking for the ideal pet sitter and house sitter in Philadelphia doesn’t have to feel like an expedition to Mount Everest. In fact, all you have to do to find the professional you need is search House Sitters America for free or place a free ad. Simply post your location, the length of time you’ll be away, and what you’d like your house or pet sitter to do. You’ll have professionals reaching out to you in no time, which means you can get back to doing what you love: planning your vacation!
We have many professional pet sitters and house sitters in the Philadelphia area ready for their next house sitting job. When you have to leave your pet behind, don’t feel guilty; instead, get the peace of mind you need by using a professional listed at House Sitters America. Your pet will be happy and healthy – and you can enjoy the vacation of a lifetime without succumbing to any guilty feelings.