Make sure the garden & the potted plants are thriving when you return home. A house sitter will do this for you.
Conscientious, Experienced Homeowner
Nurse and Health Educator
Hello dear Homeowner,
I am Jessyca, originally from California, and for the last 2 decades, from Oregon. With two young adults now in college, my full-time parenting job has drawn to a semi-close, and I am excited to take a sabbatical while I discover new passions and think about a new career focus. If you are going away for an extended period of time, and need a grounded, trustworthy, conscientious, communicative, detail-oriented, and experienced homeowner to care for your home and pets as if they were my own, we might be a very good match! (I'm also open to house-sits without pets.)
My availability begins anytime now through 11/30/2022 or longer. Dates are flexible, but 6 months is preferred. I would also be interested in two shorter opportunities in lieu of 6 months.
* I have a background in intensive care nursing (BSN) and community health education (MPH). In this work, I especially enjoyed helping people build strength and resilience with the goal of preventing illness.
* My son and daughter are violin performance majors at midwest conservatories, each taking a double major; one in international human rights and climate change, and the other in theory of law. My young adults will be with me only during their college summer/winter breaks.
* We are very clean, conscientious people, who do not smoke or use drugs. (Sorry, but I'm unable to stay in a home where smoking is allowed.)
* We are avid hikers and very much enjoy the mountains, the beach, meditation, yoga, gardens and tea, reading, cooking, staying healthy and fit, and making/listening to classical and baroque music.
* We have an irresistible Coton de Tulear, 11-years-old, non-shedding, potty-trained. I would love to be able to bring him, but if necessary he could stay with friends temporarily while I am caring for your home/pets.
* We take Covid very seriously, and we take great care to responsibly prevent its spread.
* I can provide minor yard care, gardening and general house care, including cleaning, mail collection, etc. I have experience with wood stoves.
* For over 25 years I was a homeowner and would care for your home as if it were my own.
I look forward to meeting you!